Sunday, January 9

Got my camera back and now for My Latest Projects

YEA and HURRAY!  I have my camera back!  It died on my a couple of weeks after pictures of our last snow.  Well I got it back just in time for our next big snow starting tonight!  oh yea!  ugh...

I didn't realize how much I used and enjoyed my camera until I didn't have it.  Now that I have it back,
here are a couple of pictures on my latest projects.
This is going to be a hexagon quilt for my son. Or at least that is my intentions. Once I get more
of it together, I will decide for sure.  He had seen a picture of this quilt in an old McCalls
quilting magazine.  I have a stack of these half hexagon pieces that I have to sew in
strips then match up. Not gonna be as easy as I thought it would.

I also started another project this weekend.  I still have many pieces of the ties I have used for two
other quilts and I have one more to make. This will be for the Grand Daughter of the man who wore the ties.  I could quite decide what to do yet.  Today I went to the grocery store to stock up on much needed groceries for the "snow storm" we are suppose to get. You know milk, bread etc...
My daughter works at Food Lion and the people stocking up have been nuts!
Anyway back to the quilt. I was looking at the magazines and saw the Fons & Porter one.
I picked it up and flipped through and found the perfect pattern.
The pattern in the magazine was using flannels and called Flannel Jack.


This is a picture of it from the magazine.  Has a Krazy theme to it!
Here is the pattern layout. The blocks are 13.5" each.

Here are my first to 12.5" blocks using ties on a foundation piece of muslin.
I did these two as trial and error but I really think this is gonna work!
The one on the left is all ties. The right one has a center piece of dark grey fabric similar to
what the pattern calls for. 

Now the only problem is this Krazy snow storm that is going to hit us for a couple of days.
I need more muslin to keep working on this!  I'm out!
Why is it when you get the urge to really go going on a project you don't have
all the parts and pieces you need!

And for all of you who live in states that really have snow storms, my apologies for complaining.
But here in NC we normally don't get much snow or ice here and when we get more than 3"
the news media goes Krazy and then so does all the citizens of this fine town!
But the fireplace is burning, dogs are in the house and all is well!

No comments: