Saturday, January 1

Begining the New Year

Happy New Year to all!  I hope that this year will be a wonderful journey for you and your family in all you do,and for your love of quilting.  I started mine off cleaning the house with my husband wondering what had gotten into me.  I thought was this year I will try to keep the house clean and straightened up before spending hours quilting and blogging.  THEN... a Friend of mine called to ask if I wanted to go to Hancock Fabrics with her.  Now I couldn't leave a friend stranded by herself so I had to accompany her.  In answer to your question, YES I had to buy some fabric. Well so much of it was 50% off so I had to!

Now the bad part of starting the year off so far is that my camera I received for my birthday has decided to lock up on me.  I thought it was just kinda frozen as the last time I used it was taking pictures of our Christmas Day Snow.  Luckily my husband had purchased the extended warranty with it so on Monday I will take it back to Best Buy and see if they can fix it.  I sure do feel lost with out it.

Lauren, my daughter, gave me The Farmer's Wife sampler book for Christmas and so far I have made eight blocks.  My goal is to get all 111 completed by Christmas 2011. I would post pictures but my camera is broke!   I think I can do this as this is a project that when I want to work on something I can do one block in no time.  But I get the satisfaction of playing with fabric choosing colors, cutting out and sewing it together and the feeling of accomplishment!    I think I can do this! I think I can I think I can..... lol

3 comments:

Lucky Duck Dreams said...

Of course you can, of course you can!

Charlene S said...

We know you can. We know you can. Just remember to keep 2011 Stress Free! So if you choose not to, don't worry be happy with those you did.

Hands Sew Full said...

What a novel idea! To clean and straighten up first! Maybe I should try that since I have discovered that the computer is a magnetized vortex that sucks me in! Good luck with your sampler...8 blocks already! I am sure you can!