Sunday, August 1

"Daddy's Ties" for Eddie

I finally finished the quilt I was working on for a friend and co-worker, Eddie. The quilt is called
"Daddy's Ties"   Eddie's father past away earlier this year and his ties are one thing that Eddie kept.
I sure hope he likes it.

I did the all over quilting on Tin Lizzie at my neighborhood quilt shop, Needle and Thread.
The label which is a shirt pocket with a crisp dollar bill.
His daddy always carried a crisp dollar bill in his pocket everywhere we went.

1 comment:

Deborah in Atlanta said...

Hi! Just discovered your blog today and have been reading older posts for about the last 10-15 minutes (minus an erroneous exit I made). I love this quilt you did with the ties. My father passed away 2 years ago, and I kept a bag of his ties and had hoped to do something with them. I like the "classy" look of this quilt you made and would like to know if you have a pattern for it. I'm sorta new to quilting, so don't have the "vision" to look at something and know how to duplicate it. Thanks - gotta go back and read some more of your blog now. dmj53(at)hotmail(dot)com