Sunday, July 18

Underground Railroad

Now that the baby quilt is done, it is time to start on something else.  Ever since I first started reading the Elm Creek Series books, I really became more interested in the history of the Underground Railroad and how quilts were used. If they really were used as maps.   I purchased the book from Quilt in a Day that has many of the different blocks that were thought to be used.


I purchased some fat quarters in Civil War fabrics online and decided to make the smaller version with 6" blocks. ( great price 15 FQ for $12)
Here are the first three I have done so far.  This is also the first time I have ever attempted these blocks in any quilt.




If you look close enough you can see my mess up!  But I'll wait until I finish the other blocks before redoing this one!   I am slowly but surely learning after 50 years, why things say READ DIRECTIONS FIRST!

No comments: