Wednesday, June 2

Deja Blue Squared

Today I finished another quilt that I named Deja Blue Squared.  Most of the Fabric I used is from a company called "Studio e Fabrics".  The color line was called Deja Brew and had a coffee theme.  I first found several fat quarters in this line at a quilt show last summer, I just loved the colors. I collected several more fat quarters at other shows for the past year with no idea what I was going to do with it.  I used a pattern called Squared Squares that Lauren wanted for her green quilt and decided to use that pattern with this fabric.  Lauren took the quilt top to work one day to show Rhonda and she fell it love with it!  So I finished it tonight and tomorrow it goes to a new home!  To Rhonda's house! I just love the feeling I get when I complete a quilt and send it on its way to a new home! It's such a warm and fuzzy feeling.




I quilted squares within the square and then did loop de loops and hearts in the center squares.  My free motion quilting still needs practice.

1 comment:

American Quilter's Society said...

Absolutely beautiful!! Thank you for submitting your blog for our Blog of the Week contest on facebook.Make sure you tune in at 10:00am cst to see the winner!

www.aqsquiltnews.blogspot.com