Sunday, August 12

My life's purpose!

Many days I would think and wonder what my purpose in this earth life was.  Was it just to be a wife and mother? Was it to be the preschool teacher I once was?  Was it my love of sewing and quilting? Or was it just to be here taking up space?

I used to watch the Oprah show with her many guests who had found their purpose in life and wonder "why can't I find mine?"  I almost felt like something was missing in my life because I wasn't sure about my "purpose".    Watching the last and final episode of Oprah that I had recorded for about the third time, I discovered what my purpose in life was!   What a relief that was !

To my amazement it really wasn't anything I had not already been doing for many years,  I  didn't know that  "just being me" was my purpose in life!   I know that sounds crazy but, hey that is who I am at times. Crazy, easy going, carefree, happy go lucky! 

I'm not quite sure how I realized this but it fits.  Like today, I came to work on this cool Monday morning, after waking up earlier than needed, with this happy sunny disposition!  I walked into the office and make sure I said "Good Morning" to everyone just as I always do.  I have always done that no matter where I have worked.  That's just me!  At my last place of employment and as well as where I am now, most didn't bother to acknowledge each other as they walk in or pass by.  That just drives me nuts!  So being me, I continue to say "Good Morning" and soon they all caught on!  Everyone said they never realized how much a simple thing could make them feel.

During my day, wether in person or on the phone, when I am asked "How are you today?" I have always answered with "Wonderful!"  and yes I say that with the exclamation mark!!!  and mean it!
It normally catches people off guard which changes they attitude right away, to the good!   Every once in a great while, I may hesitate before saying wonderful and then the other person asks, whats wrong?  Your not your normal self.

I am always the one that keeps a positive attitude no matter what the situation is or how bad it may seem.  Thus.... that helps the other person pick theirselves up or at least smile a little bit more and that lightens the mood, making a better day.     

I am proud to be a bright shiny bit of "Sunshine"  each day for others.    Never knew when I got tagged with the nickname "Sunshine" back in school, that that would be who I really am!!

Have a WONDERFUL Day!

3 comments:

Sara said...

I love that you and I think alike!;) It is great to be happy go lucky and feel good about being yourself.

I don't know if you are a Christian,but I think that has changed me around completely in my own life! (Hope that doesn't offend you in any way.)

Unknown said...

Sara, no offense taken! Yes with Christ, all things are possible.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I'm surfing around links from crazy quilters and landed on your blog. I probably needed to read this post. At almost 64, I often too wonder what my purpose on this earth is. The sun has always been special to me. My sign of hope. So, at 6:00AM...GOOD MORNING!! It's great to be me!!