Sunday, February 26

A few updates

Hello Everyone! 

It is a gorgeous Sunday afternoon here in NC.  Perfect temperature, Carolina Blues skys.  I gave our new puppy, Riley, his first bath today, ( or my first time giving him a bath)  Overall he seemed like he kinda liked it.  He is such a joy and a cutie!

Earlier today I was working on my latest project, My boomerang 6 quilt.  In an earlier post, I shared some of the blocks I received in this block swap from The Quilting Board.  I have enjoyed this swap so much, I have signed up for the Boom 7!  I'm gonna do a large group this time.  
I ordered some 1/4 yd pieces of fabric from Connecting Threads to try out for sashing and a repeat block.  It is really hard to see the true color of fabric on the internet.  The sashing I have decided on I purchased at my LQS and it looks kinda like old barn wood that is faded and stressed.  My blocks all have a western theme so I think that fits perfect.  Here is a picture of my blocks just layed out. 

I am at a stand still until I order more fabric!

Here is the finished quilt I did for my Sister in Law. I am really please how it turned out.





No comments: