Monday, July 8

Quilted Sunshine


Recently our weather has been rain, rain, and just a bit more rain everyday.  This is not the normal weather for June in North Carolina.  We are not the only ones with a great deal of rain though.  Sunshine is a rare thing for the past few weeks for more than a couples of hours a day. 

Well I decided to create my own sunshine this weekend. Makes me feel better just looking at it.
 
Actually this was started for The Quilting Board's July Doll Quilt Swap
This month's theme was a Self Portrait or Where your from.  I initially wasn't planning on doing anything but then do to a phone call at work one day this idea hit me.  

Since high school, off and on and by many different people, I have been called Sunshine. So when I answered the phone and heard "Hello Sunshine" it hit me... That could be my self portrait!  And it would also work for the "Where Your From" as I grew up in Florida, better know as the Sunshine State.  Although lately Florida has been rather rainey just like NC.
 
_____________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Lisa Toney of CCC said...

I LOVE this SUNSHINE! SO perfect for today! This is Carolina Cotton Company's Favorite Quilt of the Day!! I can see why they call you Sunshine!! ;)